1. All My Life- K-Ci & JoJo. This song instantly transports me back to 7th grade. Specifically back to 7th grade dances held in the school's gym. You know what is gross? Sweaty 12-13 year olds with clamy hands drenched in too much perfume/cologne all too eager to bump and grind. But K-Ci and JoJo are great.
2. Here and Now- Luther Vandross I actually want Luther Vandross to come to the kareoke portion of our reception. And I want to SING A DUET with him. (yes, you read that right. I said karaoke.)
3. (Everything I Do) I Do For You- Bryan Adams If it's good enough for Kevin Costner and Lady Marian, it's good enough for me. OMG how great is Kevin as Robin Hood. And Alan Rickman as Sheriff of Nottingham?? But I digress...ps- please watch the music video. And cheesiness has no limits...
4. Truly, Madly, Deeply - Savage Garden See #1. Same holds true here.
5. Because You Loved Me- Celine Dion In my next life I'm going to have Celine's voice. What do you mean you don't also tear up when you hear this song?
6. How Do I Live- LeAnn Rimes Oh LeAnn. Despite your pronunciation of the word you ("chew"?? are you chewing something??) and your twang which tends to be less southern sweet and more obnoxious, this tune of yours just gets me all lovey dovey. Plus, it makes for a great morning shower ballad. Just saying.
7. Don't Want To Miss A Thing- Aerosmith The love song/theme song to Armageddon which is on my Top 10 favorite movies of all-time. Maybe it's Steven Tyler's soulful raspy-ness that makes this song for me. Or maybe it's the images of Bruce Willis saving the world that pop into my head when I hear it. Or both?
8. After All- Cher (!) & Peter Cetera DUH. No explanation needed. And not that I haven't been practicing this one or anything...
Also, C and I have yet to discuss the possibility of a full choreographed dance routine. I can already hear my mother saying "This is a wedding not a musical production!" Oh really??
* Research included singing "I Will Always Love You" and "I Dream A Dream" about five times each. C and I are still undecided on our first dance song.