Speaking of heavenly- aahhha some cinnamon raisin peanut butter banana muffins. I had some very very ripe (a few more days and they were going to be rotten) bananas that were just perfect for baking purposes. I thought that this was the perfect opportunity to use my new peanut butter BFF in a recipe.
This muffin recipe is pretty standard as far as muffin recipes are concerned but it does call for four bananas (maybe more banana then most recipes require). I added in some chia seeds because (1) they are so "in" right now and (2) the real reason: we all need a little more fiber in our diets. Warning: These are not low-fat diet friendly muffins (read 1 stick butter PLUS more peanut butter). But- enjoy in limited quantities and you won't feel quite as guilty. I mean the peanut butter makes it so worth it.
Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
(Yields: About 18 muffins)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (room temp)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix sugar and butter together. Stir in eggs until blended.
- Add bananas, milk, and vanilla to mixture.
- Add in peanut butter. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, chia seeds, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, about 2/3 full.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Do you love peanut butter as much as I do? What is your favorite "go-to" recipe that uses peanut butter?